You can join in with the many activities going on related to building, promoting and enjoying the Eastern Trail.
- Please consider joining the Eastern Trail Alliance – your membership helps us in so many ways. You can join the ETA using our online process, or you can use our handy print-and-mail-in form. You can renew an existing membership here
- Click here to read our most recent Annual Appeal – please consider making a tax deductible donation to ETA’s annual fundraising drive.
Enjoy the Trail
- Check out our Events Calendar that lists all activities that we know about that take place on, or are otherwise related to, the Eastern Trail
- Get a Trail Guide – click here to find out how to buy or download our comprehensive 28-page spiral-bound booklet that outlines each segment of our extensive on- and off-road trail network.
- Come visit our Trail if you don’t live nearby. There is lots to see, and many places to stay (many linked to from our Lodging page).
- Consider leading an activity on the trail – a walk, a bicycle ride, OR a birding expedition. Please contact us if you have an idea for such an outing.
Consider hosting an event on the trail that takes advantage of its fine resources. An example of such an event is the Snowy Egret Run/Walk for the Marsh. Such events need to fill out a Event Request Application.
Donate Money or Time to Help Build the Trail
- Make a donation to help us build the trail.
- If you shop at Amazon.com, designate the Eastern Trail as your charity to receive a percentage of the price of every eligible purchase you make – go here for more information.
- Help support one of our current Trail-building campaigns:
- Blazing the Trail South is a current campaign to raise funds to add 19 miles and extend a current 6.2 mile off road section of the Eastern Trail. Go here for more information.
- Over the River is a campaign to build an off-road route between Thornton Academy in Saco and Southern Maine Health Care in Biddeford. Connecting these two sections will result in over 25 miles of uninterrupted off road trail from South Portland to Kennebunk.
Go here for more information.
- We have many opportunities for volunteers to help us with the work of building and promoting the trail. Go to our list of upcoming events for descriptions of some of the volunteer help that we need.
Tell Others about the Trail
- Spread Your Knowledge and Enthusiasm about the Trail. Once you know the trail better, consider becoming an Eastern Trail Ambassador. As an Eastern Trail Ambassador, you can provide a presence on the trail in a non-enforcement capacity, offering information to trail users, getting comments from trail users including any trail problems, and actively promoting the trail.
- We have many other opportunities to take the message of the Eastern Trail to others in southern Maine. We need assistants to operate the laptop and projector when one of our Trustees makes a presentation.
- We also look for volunteers to staff our exhibition booth which we put up at various events in southern Maine. See the list of upcoming events here.