- Friday, July 23 – Eastern Trail Full Moon Walk (Buck Moon), 8:00 – 10:00 pm, Scarborough Marsh. Join the Eastern Trail for a full moon walk in Scarborough Marsh. The walks will leave from the Pine Point parking area. Groups will be limited in size to 20 people and masks/social distancing is required. Go here to Register (registration required). Contact 207-284-9260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No flashlights or pets, please.
- Sunday, August 1 – John Andrews 5k race, 9 am Saco. Trailhead at Mill Brook Industrial Park. Go here for more details and a registration link.
- Saturday, August 14 – Loop and Lunch Ride – Meet at Mill Brook Industrial Park, in Saco, at 9:00 am and be prepared to ride by 9:30 am. Ride will be along the Eastern Trail to Bug Light. Lunch will be at the Sebago Brewery, which is adjacent to the trail. or Scratch Bakery. Approx. 30 miles. Please email Bob LaNigra to register and if you have questions.
- Sunday, August 29 – Ironman Triathalon 70,3. Old Orchard Beach (map). 2021 General Entry for IRONMAN 70.3 Maine is officially sold out. More details here.
- Thursday, October 7 – Bonfire and Beer event at Camp Ketcha, Scarborough, 5-8 pm. More details and registration link coming soon.
- Sunday, October 17 – MEND Autumn n’ Ale 10k race on the Eastern Trail. American Legion Post 76, 55-73 Manson Libby Rd, Scarborough (map). More details and registration link coming soon.
- Sunday, August 8 – Blue Lobster 4-miler, Kennebunk. Kennebunk section of the trail starting at Alewife Road (map). Go here for more details and registration link
- Saturday, September 25 – Arundel Conservation Trust Trail Fest, Arundel. Half marathon race starts at 8 a.m. 5K/10K races start at 9 a.m. The courses are set on the trust’s multi-purpose trail and the Eastern Trail with woodland and stream views. Go here for more details and registration link.
Upcoming Eliot, South Berwick, Berwick, North Berwick, Wells Section Events:
- No events scheduled at this time.
Group Trail Events:
- Lunch and Loop Rides have started for 2021 – the first ride was held June 24. These are intended to acquaint participants with the beauty of the Eastern Trail and increase two-wheeled camaraderie, and usually range from three to five bike rides. To allow riders to enjoy Maine’s seasonal changes, ride organizers Russ Lamer and Bob LaNigra. Go here to read about past Loop and Lunch Rides.
- Full Moon walks are scheduled throughout the year, often every month – walking in the summer, snowshoeing and skiing as possible in the winter.
Check our separate Events Calendar, which lists all activities that we know about that take place on, or are otherwise related to, the Eastern Trail.
Heading Out on the Trail? Visit Getting Out on the Eastern Trail for ideas and resources to enjoy the Eastern Trail.
Get Involved! Learn more about how you can be an Eastern Trail Ambassador. Go here for details.