There are many fun events that take place on a regular basis on the Eastern Trail! You can also find additional events on our online ETA Calendar.
Help us develop new activities on the trail:
- Consider leading an activity on the trail — a walk, a bicycle ride, OR a birding expedition. Please contact us with your idea!
- Consider hosting an event on the trail that takes advantage of its fine resources. Such events need to fill out a Event Request Application.
Events on this page are organized with Trailwide events first, then specific sections: So. Portland-Scarborough-OOB-Saco, Biddeford-Arundel-Kennebunk, and Eliot, South Berwick, Berwick, Kittery, North Berwick, Wells. At times we will also list other interesting Maine, New England region and national trail events here.
Upcoming Trailwide Events:
- The second Loop and Lunch ride on the trail this year is scheduled for September 26. More information, and on past rides can be found on the Loop and Lunch Rides web page.
- Maine Lighthouse Experience — was held September 5-12, 2020. Our premier ride event of the year took a new form this year. More information here.
- Saturday, September 26 – Lunch and Loop Ride, Saco to South Portland. Meet at Wainwright Recreation Complex, 125 Gary L Maietta Way, South Portland. Check in starts at 9:00 am. Be prepared to ride by 9:30 am. The route will be along Black Point Rd.,to Ferry Beach, Higgins Beach, Kettle Cove, Portland Head Light, Bug Light and return on the Easter Trail with a lunch stop at the Sea Dogs Restaurant. Should be approx. 30 to 32 miles. Please email Bob LaNigra if you plan to join us, ASAP, or at least by Thursday, Sept. 24.
- Saturday, October 3 – Hike for Hospice event, 126 US Route One, Scarborough. Hospice of Southern Maine (HSM) invites the public to participate by walking as individuals, teams or families. Members of the public can also take part by volunteering for the event, helping with check-in, passing out water and cheering on the participants. Participants can hike on either a 1-mile loop on pavement or a 5K route on the Eastern Trail, beginning at State Manufactured Homes, Inc., 126 US Route One, Scarborough. More information and registration here.
- No events scheduled at this time.
Upcoming Eliot, South Berwick, Berwick, North Berwick, Wells Section Events:
- No events scheduled at this time.
Here are some exciting group trail events planned for 2020:
- Maine Lighthouse Experience — Our Biggest Event took place September 5-12, 2020. This is our premier trail and fundraising event for the year.
- Lunch and Loop Rides will be back for 2020. More information on our plans, and on past rides can be found on the Loop and Lunch Rides web page. These are intended to acquaint participants with the beauty of the Eastern Trail and increase two-wheeled camaraderie, and usually range from three to five bike rides. To allow riders to enjoy Maine’s seasonal changes, ride organizers Russ Lamer and Bob LaNigra hope to lead them from Spring through Fall.
- ET Moonlight treks are scheduled throughout the year, often every month -— walking in the summer, snowshoeing and skiing as possible in the winter.
Other Maine, New England Region and National Trail or Related Events:
- Saturday, June 6, 2020 – National Trails Day – American Hiking Society. American Hiking Society will shift from promoting in-person events to a digital campaign for National Trails Day® , and are hoping to inspire individuals to unite for the protection of trails and access to public lands during this time of social-distancing. More information here.
In addition to the events shown above:
- Check our separate Events Calendar, which lists all activities that we know about that take place on, or are otherwise related to, the Eastern Trail.
- Check our page Ideas for Getting Out on the Eastern Trail, which lists great ideas and resources for getting out on the Eastern Trail.
- Eastern Trail Ambassador Program. Do you enjoy being out on the trail? Meeting people? Learning about the History of the area and sharing what you’ve learned? Perhaps looking for an activity to do with your children, spouse or best buddy? Want to become more involved with the Eastern Trail and your community? Then we invite you to become an Eastern Trail Ambassador! Read more: Details flyer and Poster.