There are many fun events that take place on a regular basis on the Eastern Trail! You can also find additional events on our online ETA Calendar.
Help us develop new activities on the trail:
- Consider leading an activity on the trail — a walk, a bicycle ride, OR a birding expedition. Please contact us with your idea!
- Consider hosting an event on the trail that takes advantage of its fine resources. Such events need to fill out a Event Request Application.
Events on this page are organized with Trailwide events first, then specific sections: So. Portland-Scarborough-OOB-Saco, Biddeford-Arundel-Kennebunk, and Eliot, South Berwick, Berwick, Kittery, North Berwick, Wells. At times we will also list other interesting Maine, New England region and national trail events here.
Upcoming Trailwide Events:
- Postponed (until later date TBD) –
Wednesday, May 13 – Eastern Trail Annual Meeting. Vinegar Hill Music Theatre, 53 Old Post Road, Arundel.
- The Loop and Lunch rides on the trail are uncertain, but perhaps may return after June. More information on our plans, and on past rides can be found on the Loop and Lunch Rides web page.
- Maine Lighthouse Experience — September 5-12, 2020. Our premier ride event of the year takes a new form this year. You can strut, stride or ride for the Eastern Trail. More information here.
- Cancelled –
Saturday, May 16 – 4th Annual John Andrews Memorial Eastern Trail 5K Walk/Run. More information here.
- Sunday, July 5 – Full Moon Walk, 8:00 – 9:30 pm.Meet at Pine Point Eastern Trail Parking Lot, Scarborough (map). Join the Eastern Trail representative and others as we look for animals, learn about the trail, enjoy conversation and walk in the light of the full moon. Please leave your devices behind and enjoy the peace of the trail. FMI please call 207-284-9260. No Flashlights or Pets Please. Please check our FaceBook page for possible cancellation.
- No events scheduled at this time.
Upcoming Eliot, South Berwick, Berwick, North Berwick, Wells Section Events:
- No events scheduled at this time.
Here are some exciting group trail events planned for 2020:
- Maine Lighthouse Experience — Our Biggest Event takes place September 5-12, 2020. This is our premier trail and fundraising event for the year.
- Lunch and Loop Rides will be back for 2020, at some point. More information on our plans, and on past rides can be found on the Loop and Lunch Rides web page. These are intended to acquaint participants with the beauty of the Eastern Trail and increase two-wheeled camaraderie, and usually range from three to five bike rides. To allow riders to enjoy Maine’s seasonal changes, ride organizers Russ Lamer and Bob LaNigra hope to lead them from Spring through Fall.
- ET Moonlight treks are scheduled throughout the year, often every month -— walking in the summer, snowshoeing and skiing as possible in the winter.
Other Maine, New England Region and National Trail or Related Events:
- Saturday, June 6, 2020 – National Trails Day – American Hiking Society. American Hiking Society will shift from promoting in-person events to a digital campaign for National Trails Day® , and are hoping to inspire individuals to unite for the protection of trails and access to public lands during this time of social-distancing. More information here.
In addition to the events shown above:
- Check our separate Events Calendar, which lists all activities that we know about that take place on, or are otherwise related to, the Eastern Trail.
- Check our page Ideas for Getting Out on the Eastern Trail, which lists great ideas and resources for getting out on the Eastern Trail.
- Eastern Trail Ambassador Program. Do you enjoy being out on the trail? Meeting people? Learning about the History of the area and sharing what you’ve learned? Perhaps looking for an activity to do with your children, spouse or best buddy? Want to become more involved with the Eastern Trail and your community? Then we invite you to become an Eastern Trail Ambassador! Read more: Details flyer and Poster.